Goodbookey is happy to announce our newest charity partner: The Confetti Foundation!
What Does The Confetti Foundation Do?
The Confetti Foundation supplies party kits for children who have to spend their birthdays in the hospital. They allow children and parents to take their minds off of hospital stays and celebrate birthdays with ease. Each Birthday Box contains all the materials necessary to throw a birthday party in a hospital room: four cups, four plates, four napkins, four paper straws, four wooden forks, four wooden spoons, two decorative tissue pots, one pair of grippy socks, one bag of handmade birthday cards, a sticker sheet, coloring sheets, crayons, a book mark, a birthday door hanger, one crepe paper streamer roll, a mylar self inflate balloon, a book and a birthday banner!
How Did The Confetti Foundation Start?
Stephanie Frazier Grimm founded The Confetti Foundation in 2014. The idea came to Stephanie in 2010 while visiting her best friend’s baby in the hospital after being born 8 weeks premature. Stephanie began to realize that a parent’s main focus was on their child’s health, not necessarily gathering birthday supplies. Stephanie also remembered her own 13th birthday—which she spent in a hospital—and she knew she wanted to make a change.
The Confetti Foundation’s Impact
As of August 2016, 141 children’s hospitals have agreed to pass out party kits to children who spend their birthday in the hospital. Since 2014, over 1,500 party kits have been distributed. The Confetti Foundation currently works with hospitals in 43 states. Their goal is to work with all 240 children’s hospitals in the United States.
What You Can Do
- If you live in the area of Newport, RI, you can help at a monthly “packing party” where party supplies are made and boxes are packed.
- You can become a birthday fairy/hero and connect with your local hospital to distribute birthday party boxes in your area here.
- Hold a product drive! Ask friends and family to donate party supplies. The official wish list is here.
- Hold a fundraiser and have The Confetti Foundation be the charity of choice! (bake sale, marathon, dress down day etc.)
- You can make a donation to The Confetti Foundation here.
- A donation of $25 will provide 1 Birthday Party to 1 Hospitalized Child
- A donation of $50 will provide 2 Birthday Parties to 2 Hospitalized Children
- A donation of $100 will provide 4 Birthday Parties to 4 Hospitalized Children
A donation of $500 will provide 20 Birthday Parties to 20 Hospitalized Children
- Place a bet for The Confetti Foundation on the Goodbookey app!
We are thrilled to have The Confetti Foundation as a charity partner. Be sure to select them as your charity on your next Goodbookey bet!