This week, Goodbookey’s spotlight is shining on Well Constructed!
What Does Well Constructed do?
Well Constructed aims to enable community development by providing clean drinking water to as many people as possible. They partner with local communities and contractors to build wells and establish well maintenance programs in the Upper East Region of Ghana.
How Did Well Constructed Start?
Google’s Nathan Rogers was attending Santa Clara University when he began working on a project aimed at creating an affordable, safe, sustainable, and scalable building design for people in rural regions of Ghana. While in Ghana he met Rashed who was building a tourism business and partnering with international organizations to build wells in his community. In 2015, with the help of many generous friends, Well Constructed was founded.
Well Constructed’s Impact
Rogers and Anaba have worked to bring down the cost of each well to $3,000, a 25 percent reduction in cost, from what was already a much lower price than many similar sized nonprofits are paying. Since the two men are self-sustained economically, every dollar that’s raised directly funds the construction of new wells. Active since 2015, 17 wells have been built and over 13,000 people now have access to clean water.
What You Can Do
Because every donation makes an impact!
- $10- Provides clean water to 3 people in need.
- $100- Provides clean water to 30 children, enabling them to be in class longer, without having to walk miles to fetch water.
- $3,000- Builds a well that can support a community of 500 to 1,500 people for years to come.
- Shop Amazon Smile- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of items you buy. That adds up quick!
- Place a GoodBookey bet and select them as your charity!
We are so happy to support such a meaningful, impactful cause! Make sure you place your next GoodBookey bet for Well Constructed.